Windows 11 is now known for a complete operating system. Windows 1 will not count. Check out these 11 minis featuring stripped-down versions. We are lucky because we have! We consider Windows 11 to be the brightest build to date, and it can be remember even on very old systems. So grab a pen drive, and I’ll show you how to install Windows 11 Lite on your PC.
Install Windows 11 Lite on your PC (2023)
This guide will guide you on how to install Windows 11 Lite on your computer, it will have information about this build in the FAQ section. Many important questions will be answere here. If you want to read it, use the table below to do so.
What is Windows 11 Lite and how does it work?
Windows 11 Lite 21H2 build is develop by system developer NTDEV This Windows 11 Lite build is the strip-down version. It contains the Windows 11 files require for the OS to work The biggest upside of this build is that it can run on systems with less than 2GB of RAM and 10GB of storage.
Most of the resource-hungry effects have been removed from this build of Windows 11 Lite, including Swift animations that some users like. Also not available are Windows Defender and other standard Windows apps, including Xbox Services. However, removing them means Windows 11 Lite is faster and less power-hungry. If the idea of Windows 11 sounds interesting to you, then you need to know how to install it.
How to Download Windows 11 Lite
This is a custom Windows 11 Lite file, you won’t find it through Microsoft. Here you need to download Windows 11 Lite ISO file from third party source. The file can be easily found and download.
Download the Windows 11 Lite ISO file (get) from here and place it on your desktop. Go to the ‘Download Options’ menu on the right and then click on the ‘ISO Image’ option. Choose the build we highlighted above [22H2 Beta2 (no sysreq)] Continue reading Here are some things you need to know before installing Windows 11 Lite.
Additional things you need before installing Windows 11 Lite
As excited as you may be to install this lightweight build of Windows 11, there are a few more things you need before we get started. Check out the list below, and make sure to cross it off.
Rufus and Penn Drive
Like other ISO images, it needs to be flashed to a pendrive to install. To create a bootable USB drive, we will need the utility software Rufus (PAN). Simply download it and keep a pen drive handy for the process below.
Creating a partition to install Windows 11 Lite
This clean install of Windows 11 Lite build requires a partition on your computer. Before you proceed, let’s create one, so that we can use it to setup Windows 11 Lite ISO. For those with other versions of Windows, the steps remain the same, so follow them below.
- Use the Windows keyboard shortcut Win+R to open the Run prompt. Here, type “discomgmat.musk” and press enter. This will open the Disk Management window.
2. You will see your hard drive and its pre-created partitions. You either need to find the unchanged space represented in black and get something. Depending on your situation, right-click on the partition you don’t need and select either option. To shrink one, simply right-click on the existing partition and then click ‘Shrink Volume‘. Next, select Shrink in the box that appears.
Windows 11 Lite ISO Download 2023
3. Once you see unallocated space, right-click on it and press ‘New Simple Volume‘.
4. Follow through the setup wizard and assign your drive a letter and a name For simplicity I am naming it Windows 11 Lite. You can leave the rest of the settings untouched.
5. Click Finish and the new partition will be created.
With the partition now create let’s move on to burning the window with this image in the next section.
Burning Windows 11 ISO file to USB drive
We will now proce to burn the Windows 11 Lite ISO image to a pen drive for installation. If you install Rufus from above, plug in your USB and follow the steps below
- Open Rufus on your computer to get start. Make sure you select your USB drive by clicking the drop-down button next to “Device“.
- In addition to boot selection, click the “Select” button to choose your ISO file.
3. Navigate to the directory where you save the Windows 11 Lite ISO build. In my case, I did it in the Downloads folder. Select it and press Open.
4. Now, press the “Start” button. You don’t need to change other settings.
5. Press “OK” to allow Rufus to format your pendrive.
6. The process can take anywhere between 2 to 10 minutes Then you will see the following message and then press close and eject your pen drive.
Actual installation of Windows 11 Lite.
How to install Windows 11 Lite on your PC
Now let’s install Windows 11 Lite ISO build on our PC. Before we begin, plug the pen drive into the target PC and turn it off.
- Press the ‘Power On‘ button on your PC and press the BIOS button repeatedly. This varies from manufacturer to manufacturer but mostly between ‘F2’, ‘F8’ or ‘F12’. In case of my Asus laptop, it is F2. You can follow our guide on how to open BIOS or UEFI in Windows 11 here.
2. Once you are in BIOS settings, find the Boot Order menu and choose the pen drive to boot from. To do this, hover over it using the arrow keys on your keyboard and press Enter.
3. You will now enter the Windows setup in a few minutes and you can follow along like a standard setup. On the partition selection screen, choose the partition we created earlier and continue.
4. Depending on your hardware, the process may take some time to complete, so don’t panic if it gets stuck. Once done, your PC will restart a few times and before you know it, you’ll be booting into the Windows 11 Lite desktop!
And it’s as simple as that! Windows 11 Lite is now install on your PC. Although you can use it, we’re going to narrow it down even further, so let’s do that in the section below.